Wednesday, November 02, 2005

BRRRrrrr...it's COLD out!

I found this scenic outlook in a park overlooking Spadina Cres, in the distance you can make out Circle Drive Bridge.
Cars whizzing under the University Bridge at night.
I took this picture of the Bessborough and Spadina Cres today, it's the same as the photo I posted earlier except taken at night.
This is a picture of lighting that I took off our balconey this summer, it is pretty easy to take pictures of lightning with the digital camera, I just put it on a tripod and keep snapping until I get something, I took about 150 pictures of this storm and really only got about 10 good photos, this is the best one.
It did snow out last night and this morning while I was at work. But by 10:00am it started to get really warm out and by the time I was finished work most of the snow had melted. So tonight I was able to get in about 20kms of riding. It was very cold out tonight, I wore a headband to keep my ears warm and two pairs of socks, but my feet got really cold anyway. My water bottle had ice in it, and my rear derailer cable froze, when I tried to work it loose it pulled out of the anchor screw a little bit so I only had about 4 gears on my ride. By the time I started heading home the road had iced up, I slid around a bit, I may need to get some cheap knobby tires from Walmart and insert some screws in them to make studded tires. As a side note, for riding in the cold weather I usually wear an undershirt, then a long sleeve jersey, and then a fleece fall jacket over all that, I find that I stay warm and it seems to breath well. Then I wear boxers, cycling tights covered with track pants, the tights fit close and keep in body heat while the track pants cut the wind. I find that in cold weather the secret is alot of layers, so that you can shed layers if you get hot or put them on when you start to cool down. I hope to ride during most of the winter, I will probably switch to my ski pants and parka when it starts to get really cold and make my rides a little shorter. If the weather holds out hopefully I will be riding tomorrow. Until then ride safe and have alot of fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude !!! that is an awesome picture congrats :)..........P.S. you can prevent the adverts in your comment sections by using the word verification option in your bloggers tools ( I know I spelt it wrong :P