Friday, November 25, 2005

Finally I see the daylight!

Nutana High School, it is right on the river in the Broadway district and is one of the oldest schools in Saskatoon. The Nutana area used to be a small suburb of Saskatoon in the early 1900's.

I was riding around Diefenbaker Park and a CNRail train was going through so I decided to take a photo of it while it went by.
The north end of Sask Ave.

A cool photo I took today, it was nice and sunny out so the camera was working better then usually.
As many of you know that read this regularly, I get off work early on Fridays, so this is really the only time that I can go riding during the week in the daytime. It felt refreshing to be out in the sunshine, it was only about -1 Celsius but with a bit of a wind it made it feel a lot colder. I was going to go out in the country a bit, but with the cold wind I decided that wasn't so smart so I stuck to staying in the city. I went down along the river and did some hill climbing, I find that this really helps the fitness, almost like doing intervals on a road bike. My cruising speed when I got the bike was around 18-19kmph, not bad, but not good enough either. Now I noticed that my cruising speed has climbed to 24-25kmph on average. I mentioned in my profile that I want to qualify for the Paris Brest Paris randoneer ride in 2007, so by 2007 I have to be in good enough shape to ride 1200kms nonstop at a minimum speed of 15kmph. It will be incredibly hard, I plan to do some 200, 300 and maybe a 400km ride next summer to prepare for the 2007 season. Anyway I will likely go for a ride tomorrow, so stay posted for photo's tomorrow. Ride safe and have fun!

No comments: