Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Well I tried.......

I promised photos tonight, but everyone will have to wait until tomorrow. I went to the hardware store today and got more screws for my project, I also got a 2X4 sheet of chloroplast. I studded the rest of the tires, which went well now that I came to my senses and started using my cordless drill instead of a screwdriver. After that I took the chloroplast sheeting and made a very ugly but hopefully functional fairing to keep the cold winter winds off me and help me stay warm. I will post photos of it all tomorrow. I was going to test ride it all tonight but I had to deflate my new front tire to fit it in between the V-brakes and when I pumped it up again it exploded with a good Bang! I had gotten the tube caught between the tire and the rim :( So I have to wait until tomorrow and get another tube (I didn't want to use my spare). Also tonight I want to thank all the people who leave comments, I appreciate the feedback. I'd like to address Tony's comment from my last post. Yes I do plan on riding my 'bent during the winter, the Burley is actually quite easy to handle and much like riding a regular bike once you get used to it, I don't think that I will have a problem, but time will tell. Again thanks for all the feedback people, and I will for sure post some photo's of the bike in full winter gear tomorrow. So ride safe always and have fun until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Boo, I wanted to see pictures, I'm disappointed. Just kidding! There are many makes and models of digital cameras in all the seasonal flyers that we receive on a daily basis. How do you decide which one is the best?