Sunday, November 06, 2005

Out in the Country.. PART II

Cool photo I took while riding on Saturday.
My parents have a mural painted on the wall in their coffee shop.
yours truly, playing around in the backyard.
My girlfriend Tina in the backyard at the motel with her bike.
My brother, hanging out in the coffee shop.
My Dad, warming up by the heater.
My Mom making supper in the kitchen.
My parent's very cute dog Kramer.
Canadian actor Tom Green sitting on the donkey outside my parent's motel. He stayed at the motel while filming his latest movie, "Infamous" He is best known for his roles in "Road Trip", "Saving Harvard" and "Freddy Got Fingered"
Well we got back to the city tonight around 8:30pm, I still have a ton of pictures from the weekend and they will keep showing up for the next few days. Tonight I went for a quick ride after I took the bikes out of the car. I decided to go for a rip downtown and check it out. I noticed that on my recumbent I can whip around corners pedaling because of the high bottom bracket, this makes it really fun on an empty pathway that is really twisty, I was thinking that a recumbent would make a good crit bike if it was legal, you never have to worry about hitting the pedals on the ground. I did however almost break my ankle tonight, I was cruising down 12th St at about 30kmph and I was trying to pull my sleeve over my glove as I was getting cold. I must have hit a rock or something with the front wheel at the same time which threw me down, I stuck out my right leg to try and right myself as I was headed for a curb really fast, my foot impacted the pavement at about 25kmph which really hurt and it bent backward, the pavement scraped a lot of plastic off the bottom of my shoe, I managed to slow down enough to get the bike upright before slamming into the curb and I was shaken but okay. I learned two lessons from that, I should pay more attention while riding with one hand and if I start to fall I shouldn't put my foot down to right myself. My ankle is still pretty sore, but I think that I just sprained it a bit. I will be riding tomorrow too, if it isn't snowing like crazy. Make sure you ride safe (not like me) and always have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sean!
I really like that picture of your feet while you were pedaling, it's really neat! And Kramer looks sooo cute in that picture you took of her! Keep up the great work! Love ya!