Thursday, November 17, 2005

Riding all over the ICE!

A pretty wild shot, I took it while riding and the camera isn't stabilized enough for the long exposure, I thought it looked neat so I put it on here.

Looking down the Victoria Bridge, it is snow covered and unused, you can almost see it dying, so sad.

A street that joins Victoria Ave. close to the Victoria Bridge, in the Broadway District, a very cool part of town.
Check out my photo that is very similar to this one in the last post. Very similar except that there is little snow or ice on the road in this picture, just lots of water from everything melting. Yes, the weather can change fast here. :)
Good news! I got a call today from Canadian Pacific Railway, apparently my application payed off and I am going to the group interview on Nov. 29th. It is only the first step to getting the job, but at least it is a ray of hope for me. I've been wanting to change jobs for quite some time and recently I've been getting more aggressive about it by sending out resumes to various companies, unfortunately with no post-secondary education it is quite hard to get a good job these days. Well I hope it works out good for me. I managed to get 10kms in tonight, I now have about 750kms on my bike since I got it in September, pretty good. The water that had melted this afternoon froze tonight and really made for icy roads, I cruised downtown and back home again without any problems, I never slipped at all. It warmed up tremendously today and it is supposed to get warmer towards the weekend. Check in tomorrow for more :)
Ride safe, and have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you made it back safely. Our snow really melted, too. We've been taking IQ tests on the internet. It's fun, you should try some to prepare you for your interview. I sure hope that you get in, I'll be so happy for you!