Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's a dark night..

I decided to take a picture of the old Sask Wheat Pool Elevator in Loreburn, I worked here all through high school, it closed down about 2 years ago and was auctioned off to a local farmer who stores his grain in it.
The power station on the north side of the dam, upstream is the South Saskatchewan River.
Looking out on Lake Diefenbaker, it is a big lake, over 100miles long.
Gardiner Dam, earthfilled hydroelectric dam on Lake Diefenbaker which is about 10 mins from my parent's home in the car.
This is what the prairies look like, flat and grassy, headwinds are a real issue here with cycling.
Glancing in the rearveiw mirror, miles of nothing, and nothing :)

Pictures from the weekend, my girlfriend and Dad in the kitchen cooking, it's very steamy!
Here is the last of the pictures from the weekend, I was finally able upload them tonight. My girlfriend and I went to see Saw II tonight, I liked it as much as the first one, pretty gruesome though, but I like that it had a real suprise ending just like the first one, the ending also leaves it open so that they can make a third movie. After the movie I went on a short ride just for kicks, it was pretty cold out, but I managed to get in a little over 10km. Just a quick cruise downtown and back. The recumbent bike is definatly better in the cold then a diamond frame bike, maybe it is the position or something, but I feel alot warmer on it and my knees don't get sore in the cold like they used to on my diamond frame bike. Anyway if it doesn't snow tomorrow I will be able to head out an get some more good photo's hopefully. Until tomorrow, ride safe and have fun.

No comments: