Sunday, November 06, 2005

Out in the country..

Cruising down highway 19 just south of Loreburn, it was cloudy today, but still nice for a bike ride, as you can see there isn't a lot to see around Loreburn, just miles and miles of open space, kind of nice actually.
YUMMM... Part of my parent's motel also houses a small coffee shop that my parents also run, for some of the best soup and sandwich and of course baked goods come to Loreburn, and the pie is always homemade from scratch.
This is my parent's business. Just off of highway 19 in Saskatchewan you will come across the small town of Loreburn and my parents run the only motel in town. Don't let the outside fool you, the rooms are very modern and recently renovated, also very cheap, so if you are ever up this way check them out. I know it's a shameless plug, but that's okay, their my parents. :)
My girlfriend's 2005 Gary Fisher Marlin sitting beside my very muddy car. We thought that the weather would be good this weekend, so we could do some riding. Believe it or not both my recumbent and my girlfriend's bike fit in my Sunfire.
Here is my car out in front of my parents house in Loreburn, notice the dirt roads, Loreburn is a pretty small town.
Finally got the bikes unloaded and set up from the car ride here, I've biked to Loreburn before but it is a 135km ride which isn't a good idea this time of year, so we took the car. I've taken a lot of photos for the blog today, but I will not be posting most of them until Sunday and Monday nights when I have my broadband connection back again, the dial-up just takes too long. I did get my camera to upload to my parent's computer though, so I can at least tease everyone with a few photos tonight. My parents have a house in town, but there motel is about 1km away near the highway, so my girlfriend and I rode out there this morning for breakfast at my parent's coffee shop and then we hung around there most of the day, I decided to go for a real bike ride just before supper so I went for about 12kms down the highway, I would have gone longer but I left my tights and other pairs of socks at my parent's house in town, so it got kind of cold, the bike feels a little lighter and more lively without the rack and panniers on it, I take them off because it is easier to put in the car that way, I hang a small handlebar bag off the back of the seat to put odds and ends in like my tire pump, spare tubes and various tools I take on my rides. My girlfriend's mountain bike wasn't shifting really good, so I decided to take it for a spin and sort it out for her. I took it for a little ride behind the motel and was amazed at how weird it feels now, I'm so used to riding the recumbent that it feels really high up and the steering feels really sluggish, also it is really not that comfy, but my girlfriend probably wouldn't like a bent because she thinks that mine looks like a grampa bike. I admit that maybe it does, but it is so comfy that I don't really care :) We rode home after supper in the dark and got the bikes all muddy riding down the dirt streets in town, but it was fun to slide around in the mud. Anyway it's getting late and I have to go to bed, so stay safe and always have fun.

No comments: