Thursday, November 10, 2005

City of Bridges Part II

Carving up the Weewasin Trail, and soaking up the sun.
It was a beautiful day in Saskatoon today, as you can see from this photo looking down the river.
Circle Drive bridge in the daytime, I believe that it is the newest bridge in Saskatoon.
The CPRail bridge, it has a small walkway on one side of it, that get's pretty scary when a train is going across the bridge.
My bike, ready to ride.
I got off work today at 2:00pm as tomorrow is a holiday. It was so beautiful out that I had to go for ride before we left for Tina's parent's place. I headed up the Meewasin Trail towards Circle Drive bridge, I had a really nice tailwind and I was hitting 40kmph quite often, I got to a part of the trail that is really twisty and I was seeing how fast I could corner on the Burley. I managed to slid the rear tire around a few corners, which left me lusting for a lowracer or something a little more sporty then the Burley. The Burley is a fine touring bike and long distance rider, but when you try to get aggressive with it, which I occasionally like to do, it seems like you have to fight it a lot. It could be the long wheel base design or the tires, but it feels pretty nervous when you are really pushing it. I suppose that you have to be really smooth with recumbents, you can't really ride them hard like a diamond frame bike otherwise they will be pretty scary. My ultimate bike I think would be one of the Optima lowracer designs, something like the Fuji or the Jester, I don't mind the extremeness of it all, as long as I still had the Burley for when I wanted to go slow and enjoy the view. Anyway I am in Porcupine Plain now, about 2 1/2 hours northeast of Saskatoon, there is quite a bit of snow on the ground right now, but that is okay, I didn't take my bike, I think I need a few day's off of it as I'm feeling less motivated to ride lately, a sure sign that I need a little break to get me pumped up agian. Now that I'm riding daily I can feel a difference in my body for sure, I feel like I have more energy and I notice that I'm developing a little more muscles in places. Tomorrow is Remembrance Day here in Canada, so I want everyone to stop and remember the sacrifices that our veterans made for us, even if just for a moment, it would be a grave sin to ever forget what these men and women went through for our freedom. Until tomorrow, ride safe, and always have fun

No comments: