Saturday, November 19, 2005

The tree is all up ready for lights, tinsel and decorations. Tina is trying to hide behind it. :)
Our tinseling job after we finished. Tina also put little stocking things around the TV stand, you can kind of see them in this photo.
Tina assembling the Christmas tree.

I was helping Tina put tinsel up tonight.



Well I was in the hospital so I couldn't post on here. About 3:30am Friday morning I started vomiting, which continued on an hourly basis after that, at 9:30am Tina took me to City Hospital Emergency. I was at City Hospital for 12 hours with an IV giving me Gravol and saline to replenish fluids and keep me from vomiting any more. I guess there is a really bad flu bug going around as this is the same thing that happened to Tina earlier in the week. I really got to hand it too Saskatoon City Hospital, excellent facility with the nicest people working there. Although I really hate going to the hospital (most people do) it really makes it just a bit better to go there. Today I felt pretty weak still, mostly because I really hadn't eaten anything since Thursday and that was all long gone :) It was beautiful out today, 8 Celsius and sunny, it killed me that I couldn't go riding, oh well maybe tomorrow, I'll see how I feel. Instead today Tina and I drove around to all the potash mines around Saskatoon so that I could hand in resumes and hopefully get some results. I wish I had remembered to bring my camera so that I could have posted some photos of the mines on here, they are pretty quiet for a mine, but I guess everything is happening underground. While we were driving around to the different mines I had the radio on and the DJ was talking about a survey that someone had done asking children what they most wanted for Christmas this year. The number one thing that most children wanted for Christmas was an IPod Nano, followed by other MP3 players and then other electronics like gaming systems, DVD players, TV's and stereos. The IPod Nano is around $250, both Tina and I thought that was a tad excessive as a gift for a child. I can't recall ever getting anything that expensive for Christmas and I wouldn't expect anything like that either. I think that lately people are getting way too carried away with gifts, they forget that Christmas is about so much more then that. Meanwhile retailers rub their greedy little hands together every Christmas season. So remember to keep it real and don't go broke buying gifts, it's not about that. Have a Happy Holiday season, ride safe and have fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope that you're feeling much better today, as it's awesome weather for Nov.20th. It's 11c in the sun right now. That blue ball thing that you sent is really fascinating. Who dreams these things up? See ya, have a good day!

Anonymous said...

We missed you! Hope you are feeling better.

Karen & Bart