Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Freezing icy coldddddddddd.....

Icebergs on the South Saskatchewan River! They sure sound funny when they smash into the foundation on the bridges.


It was snowing and very cold out, I didn't want to take the camera out too much in this weather, in case it freezes it.



I did go for a ride tonight, it was really cold about -13 Celsius, really cold for now until January or so when it will probably hit -30. I suited up in my parka, ski pants, three pairs of socks, and I actually managed to fit my balaclava under my helmet. I was actually pretty warm all bundled up in my winter clothes. I managed to get in almost 11 kms and it was a pretty good ride. There is starting to be some ice on the river. It usually gets ice around the edges, I don't think I've actually ever seen it frozen right over. Is it a little crazy to be going out in this weather? Maybe, but I want to stay in shape as long as possible, it only takes two weeks to start losing you fitness level, and I don't want that to happen. Anyway the recumbent is a lot better then any other regular bike that I've ridden. I feel warmer on it I think because your full front is not exposed such as it is on a diamond frame. I think that if it gets any colder I will probably need some heated socks, I wore three sets of socks tonight and my feet still go cold. Hopefully I will be able to get out tomorrow, unless it starts to snow even more. So ride safe (if you still are) and have fun!




No comments: