Thursday, November 24, 2005

My new rack and it's installation.

What passes for a hill in Saskatoon.

Statue of Gabriel Dumont in the park by the Broadway Bridge.

A statue in the park along Spadina Cres.

I bought a new rack today (see the above picture). I was trying to get something that is a little bit more rigid then the Burley factory rack installation kit. So I bought a Axiom rack today for the Burley, it is rated for 70kgs and has nice brackets on it for panniers. I took the mounting bars off the front of the rack, and then took the front mounting bars from the Burley rack kit and bolted them into place on the front of the rack. Then instead of adding mounting bars to the chainstays like before, I mounted the rack directly to the chainstays, so the front mounting bars will reach just about perfect, it isn't perfectly level, but it works. Anyway I went for a ride tonight, it was quite warm out and I managed to get in some good hill climbing. Hopefully I will have some daytime photos tomorrow as I get off early from work. So until tomorrow, ride safe and have fun.


No comments: