Friday, November 11, 2005

Up in Porcupine Plain - Remembrance Day

Tina's parent's house in Porcupine.
Main Street in Porcupine, it was getting a little dark when I took this photo however.
A statue of "Quilly Willy" Porcupine Plain's town mascot, a lot of small towns have things like this, it is kind of cool. Notice the snow :)
This photo was taken on my last lap, I was completely void of any energy at all and very sore, I still think that physically it is the hardest thing that I've ever done.
Here is a few pictures of me from last year's 24Hours of Adrenaline in Canmore Alberta, I entered under the solo category and qualified to go to the World Championship 24hour solo race in Whistler BC., because of a lack of funds I never went.
It was a really nice day out and most of the snow around here melted. I found the above photo's of me at the 24 hours of Adrenaline on Tina's parent's computer, so I decided to post a few. We mostly just visited around today and played some cards. I was a little bit disappointed this morning that I hadn't brought my folding bike, but then I remembered that I'm supposed to be getting my motivation up again, so it's all good. Porcupine Plain is a little less then 300kms northeast of Saskatoon, I may plan a ride here next summer as training for my randoneering. I may have mentioned that I want a new digital camera, mine is a HP digital camera from about 4 years ago and isn't the best. I want to get a Canon A620 or A610 camera instead, around 5-7 megapixels. Hopefully I can pull together enough money so that I can get one in the new year. I will post more photo's tomorrow so check back then. Ride safe and have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just a quick note before I go to bed. It's good to see some pictures of Tina's home town. I've always wondered what it looks like. I hope that you post some more pictures tomorrow. Their house is nice, like the trees! I gave this address to Karen & Juene & Randy. Bye