Monday, November 21, 2005

Crisp and Clear

A look through the fence of the Boffins Club, it is a private club on campus.

A look down in the Galleria, it is kind of like a recessed pavilion with walk ways stairs and benches, pretty cool.

Christmas lights at the Saskatchewan Research council Galleria on the University Grounds.
Sorry about the poor quality of photo's tonight, my camera wasn't really taking very good photo's, could be the air quality or something, it was pretty frustrating because I took a lot of photo's tonight and only the one's above turned out at all. I finally decided on a new digital camera, after wading through the thousands and thousands of choices out there I've settled on a Canon Powershot S2 IS 5megapixal with 12 times optical zoom and image stabilization. I was kind of thinking of an SLR, but with all the different lenses you need to buy it would be pretty expensive. The Canon S2 is a advanced compact camera, so it looks almost like an SLR but it has a built in zoom lens, so I don't have to carry around lenses and a big camera bag. Also the image stabilization sounds pretty cool, I guess it is needed with the 12X zoom lens which is comparable to a telephoto on a SLR. I read through a lot of reviews online and never really got any solid feedback, camera's must be pretty good because everyone claims the one they bought is the best. :) Finally I went to the magazine store and bought PC Camera's 2006 Buyers Guide, that was a lot more helpful because it gave hints on what to look for in a good camera, then I decided from there. I will just have to find the money to buy it now, at $650 Canadian it is pretty pricey too, but I guess I can save up, I'm in no hurry. Tonight I went on a tour of the University, I applied for a job at one of the businesses there and I wanted to see where it was, so I checked that out, then I just rode around a bit and had fun. I'm not feeling too good today so I really didn't push it too much. If the weather stays nice and dry like this I will have to put the slicks back on the bike, I'm missing how easy it is to get going with them on the bike. Tires make such a difference on a bike, the studded tires slow me down by at least 5 kmph over my Kenda Kwest high pressure slicks. But the slicks aren't too good on ice either. :) Anyway until tomorrow ride safe and have fun.

No comments: