Monday, November 14, 2005

It finally snowed :(

My poor car freezing away outside, still very dirty too.
I went to go and get groceries, I took this photo looking down 7th St in front of our apartment, the roads are very slippery, but no crashes on the way to and from work today :)
I awoke to snow covered ground this morning and needless to say I was not impressed at all. I guess that this is what you can expect this late in the year though. The roads are glare ice, that is the bad news, I was hoping that it would warm up enough during the day to melt some of the ice off, but it never did. By the weekend it is supposed to get really warm and melt all the snow, we'll see I guess. Of course this weather makes it all but impossible to go riding, it would be suicide to even try. I'm going to go to Walmart tonight and buy a set of cheap tires for the Burley, then a box of sheet metal screws so that I can make a set of studded snow tires. I won't go riding in weather like this, but once it clears up a bit and stops snowing I would like the extra security of some studded tires. I've never made studded tire before, but I think that it won't be all that hard, except for screwing in all those screws. Once I get them made I will post a photo of the finished product on here, hopefully I don't embarrass myself. Anyway, check back tomorrow for some more photo's and the latest news. 'Till then ride safe and have fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sean nice pictures, I guess you guys got snow, we never. Brendan was quite pleased with the pictures, he said he really did put them on the computer. We will be checking up on you and your pictures. I was showing the kids your bike pictures they think that you have a cool bike.See you Andrea, Brendan, Tyler, Jessica

Anonymous said...

You think you have snow, well you should be here. You guys have just a dusting, ours is serious snow! It's supposed to get up to +10c on the weekend, but even that won't get rid of all our snow. See ya!

Anonymous said...

Dare I say...we had +9c today and it was sunny and dry for a change on the "wet coast". I went for a 35km ride and it was great! Keep up the good work with your stories and pics. We love your blog and look forward to it every day!
Best Wishes from Karen and Bart

Anonymous said...

Hi there. We love your blog and look forward to it every day!
It was actually sunny and +9c today on the "wet coast". I went for a 35km ride and it was great! Back to rain tomorrow :(

Karen and Bart

Anonymous said...

Sean,
Great blog!
Good luck with the home-made studded tires. Hopefully you can find some hex-head screws. They would have a little better bite than the round-headed ones I used.

You're right, the most difficult part is just turning in all those screws. I had a coupla blisters when I was done the front tire. (a cordless drill would help)

Are you riding the bent in the snow/ice?